Sunday 10 May 2009

Long Clawson 10K Run

I've been training for this for just under a month. 6 and a bit K, 3 times a week. Timing myself, as you lot have seen from the various status updates on Facebook (which you're also sick of!) Anyway, today was what I'd been waiting for! But, my training runs had been 6 and a bit K, not 7. So, my estimate of 45 mins was out - too fast to hit. However, my time of 49'31 for 10K is about the same pace as would have been necessary to hit 45 mins for 9K, so I reckon I pretty much hit my target! I owe only walking 30 or 40 metres of it to the guy behind me, who shouted "Come on, last mile and a half" to me, and that got me going again. I shook his hand at the end, told him thanks for the help. Nice bloke.
Starting with the end. Notice the zombie eyes! Dad: "Stand up straight", Me: "I can't!"

The weather here doesn't look as good as it was, it was actually perfect, no wind, warm, sunny. Amazing! One part of the course was really nice, it was like a mountain path; about a foot wide with a really steep drop on your right with blackberry bushes and lavender and stuff on it, and a massive hedge on your left. Going through the forest was sick as well, there was one hill that was pretty much straight up, I could have used my hands to pull myself up it!

Connor getting into the spirit of things by walking slowly from the car where he'd been on his DS to get a hotdog.

Mum :)

Athelete's lounge? Meh, free Powerade, that was rad!

Putting on everything I'd burnt off again.

Literally the first thing when I saw this was "Oh God! Eugh, God!", as I thought it was what I had been trying to avoid running through on some of the fields... Luckily, it wasn't!